Reentry Permit

Permanent residence can be abandoned if the permanent resident engages in activities outside the United States that are inconsistent with maintaining residence in the United States.  If the permanent resident intends to enroll in school outside the United States for any period of time, to work outside the United States for any period of time, or to tour outside the United States for more than 180 days, it is strongly recommended that the permanent resident consult with an attorney.  It may be advisable in such cases to seek a Reentry Permit from the Department of Homeland Security prior to departure from the United States.

Permanent residents who are no longer eligible to receive a passport from their native country may need to apply for a refugee travel document prior to departing the United States.

The Law Offices of Robert Vivona have successfully represented applicants for reentry permits and other travel documents for more than twenty-one years. Most cases can be handled for a flat fee of $600 plus government filing fees. The client can expect personal service and direct contact with the attorney throughout the application process.  The attorney will prepare the complete application package and provide legal advice regarding travel outside the United States.  If you would like to speak with the attorney about your concerns regarding travel documents for permanent residents, please call 469-713-7303 or click on the Schedule a Consultation page.